As a new blogger, one of the first decisions to make is which blogging platform you will use. There are dozens of free blogging platforms, but only two have really gained the attention of most bloggers due to their ease of use and good features. Blogger and WordPress are the two options most people will use. Most people have a favorite between the two, but for those new to the process, choosing the right one can seem like a challenge. It is easy to tell which one will be right for you if you take into consideration a few key elements of these programs.
What Blogger Offers
To get a better understanding of which one is the best choice for you, consider a constructive view of each one. First, consider what Blogger offers. This tool, owned and operated by Google, is easy to set up and it only takes a matter of minutes to get online. Once you establish the account, which may take you no longer than ten minutes, you can begin to post.
- Adding pages and new posts is simple with Blogger. It takes only a few minutes to learn this platform, too.
- You can select from a range of design options. If you change your mind later on, it is easy to switch those designs, too.
- One factor to consider is the domain name. It will be thenameofyourblog.blogspot.com in all situations. You can choose your own domain name. If you do so, you lose that “blogspot” element to the domain. However, there is a fee for doing this.
- You do not need to know any type of coding to use this system. In other words, you can just get started with little knowledge of the web’s HTML and advanced coding. For many beginning bloggers, that is a critical factor.
- There are various tools and gadgets you can use with your Blogger account. This includes videos, slideshows, news, etc. The user has a good amount of control over where these can be placed throughout the page, too.
- To monetize this blog, it is best to use Google AdSense. Since Google owns both, integration is simplistic.
What WordPress Offers
WordPress is the second option and it is popular with many bloggers because of its ease of use and the more advanced options available through it. Consider the following about it.
- There is no cost to use WordPress. You do need to obtain your own hosting plan for it and purchase a domain name. If you purchase hosting with cPanel, integration is simplistic.
- Since this is an open source platform, there are no limitations to how you can use it. You will find a wide range of themes available for it from various providers.
- There is an endless number of plugins and gadgets available for WordPress. For those who want the most control over their blog, this is important.
- You can monetize this site, too. In fact, you can do so easily. You can integrate your Google AdSense account with it.
- You can integrate any type of optimization techniques you want to use.
There are plenty of options to consider. For those who want the simplest of options, Google’s Blogger may be the ideal choice. On the other hand, if you want more control over the function of the blog, including the use of third-party plugins and advanced coding options, WordPress seems to be the better choice. Nevertheless, only you can decide which option is right for your needs. Look at a few different blogs and you can compare your options to get a better idea about what your needs are.
BloggerGoal Recommends HostGator Hosting
Use coupon code "bloggergoal" to get 25% discount on any hosting packages.